Monday, November 2, 2009

I ❤ Hair


This Halloween I decided to do something that I haven't done in a while - make a costume from scratch. I narrowed it down from a Sailor to Sherlock Holmes to a Taco and somehow ended up with Medusa. Last year I was Monica Lewinsky (decked out with a Clinton/Gore button and all) and no one got it, so I decided to go towards a more straightforward approach to a costume.

I had this great idea of making a wig with braids and snakes, which led me to the local beauty supply store in my neighborhood, who kindly introduced me to the world of synthetic hair. I watched loads of YouTube videos I picked up braiding rather quickly and embarked on my journey to wig heaven. I had no idea the amount of time and effort that goes into hairstyles that include weaving and braiding.

Anyway, I now have an endless amount of respect for people who choose to create, wear, and maintain any hairstyle that involves wefts, braids, weaves, etc. I also feel a slight obsession coming on involving hair pieces.

If you'd like me to do a tutorial piece on using wigs and hair extensions, Let me know! TalkieToni@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment